In mixed dementia abnormalities linked to more than one cause of dementia occur simultaneously in the brain. Recent studies suggest that mixed dementia is more common than previously thought.
Characterized by the hallmark abnormalities of more than one cause of dementia —most commonly, Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia, but also other types, such as dementia with Lewy bodies.
Other Types of Dementia
- Alzheimer’s disease Learn more
- Vascular dementia Learn more
- Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) Learn more
- Mixed dementia Learn more
- Parkinson’s disease Learn more
- Frontotemporal dementia Learn more
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease Learn more
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus Learn more
- Huntington’s disease Learn more
- Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome Learn more