Symptoms include difficulty walking, memory loss and inability to control urination.
Caused by the buildup of fluid in the brain. Can sometimes be corrected with surgical installation of a shunt in the brain to drain excess fluid.
Other Types of Dementia
- Alzheimer’s disease Learn more
- Vascular dementia Learn more
- Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) Learn more
- Mixed dementia Learn more
- Parkinson’s disease Learn more
- Frontotemporal dementia Learn more
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease Learn more
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus Learn more
- Huntington’s disease Learn more
- Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome Learn more